RPG Maker VX Ace Lite (original)
RPG Maker VX Ace (reboot)
|Genre||Adventure, Drama, Fantasy|
|Game Version||v0.2 (reboot)|
|Game Status||Ongoing (reboot)|
HetaSparkle is an English-language HetaGame created by Mitsuki Horenake (HotaruMitsuki101 , the same person who made Persona Powers Hetalia). Like some HetaGames, HetaSparkle has an original plot, in which Norway, Hungary, Belarus, Denmark and Liechtenstein gets thrown into another dimension and save their friends from the clutches of an evil king in this realm. In the first version, however, there was an event glitch in which after France, America, Canada and England talk, the player is out of a small town; if the player exits out, there is a scene in which Liechtenstein and Denmark talk while they are training.
In the reboot of HetaSparkle, the beginning of the plot is similar, albeit introducing new characters that are absent. In the orignal, Hong Kong and Canada are introduced, but in the reboot, they're replaced by Ukraine and Finland. The reboot also introduces new antagonists, the Soldato family, led by a man named Lord Soldato, as well as a Guardian sytem.
Both versions of HetaSparkle is a Fantasy RPG, with a turn-based battle system. The player can also switch between party members freely. In the original, though, there is a Fusion system ("fusion" as in "chimera") in which after the player beats a chimera as a boss, the party will earn unique skills from either individuals fused together, or both altogether, whether it's restoring health, increasing all Attack and Defense stats, or attacking an enemy openly. In the reboot, the Fusion system was replaced by the Guardian system. The Guardian system, to be basic, is a system in which the party members retrieve Guardians whether through defeating the one who owns them or just finding them. In the case of defeating the one who owns a Guardian, the Guardian itself makes a "contract"--an event in which the Guardian willingly joins someone who is stronger than the one who said Guardian previously made a pact with. Guardians can also be paired up with an individual person and gives them unique skills; at the same time, in creases their health and magic points and their stats, similar to the previous Fusion system.
Setting, Characters, and StoryEdit
The realm Norway, Hungary, Denmark, Liechtenstein, and Belarus landed in resembles that of somewhat of a typical Fantasy RPG landscape, though several landmarks in Fantasy RPGs are absent; the only marks present are a castle, a small town and a tunnel in the mountain landscape. The entrance is a rocky cavern, the first tunnel is a dungeon, and the second tunnel is a grassy maze. On the other side of the mountains is a barren landscape, which is ridden with many different chimeras. There is a castle up in the sky, where the Evil King resides and does his experiments on people to turn them into chimeras, as well as a body-dumping site, where the party encounters Kiryll Nightroad.
In the first half of the game, the player, at first, wasn't able to rest in an inn in the small town due to the soldiers taking rest while fighting off the chimeras, though the player was able to in the last half, due to Norway experimenting with the crystals he found on the moutnain ranges. At the end of the game, the realm is revealed, by Norway, that it is Norway; the realm itself is based off of Norse folklore and mythology.
Much like it's predescesor, HetaSparkle's setting is like an RPG. However, there are more landmarks, a few of which are more detailed (towns, cities, castles, etc.) and intricate. The realm itself is a large continent, surrounded by other smaller continents, which is home to many different cities, towns, and kingdoms, while the other much smaller continents remain untouched. In the east, there is a burial site, which was ridden with a variety of souls, and the topmost floor having a chimera, that is attacking the burial grounds.
In the heart of the largest continent is a castle, where the party can visit at any time for resources. In the northern continent, there is a libary city, which the players have access to when given the Libary Card.
Characters In Both Versions
- Hong Kong
- North Italy
- South Italy
- Kiryll Nightroad (though only as a supporting character
- Evil King - The one responsible for kidnapping the party's friends and turning them into chimeras to achieve godhood.
- Chimeras - the Evil King's experiments he made. Throughout the original version, they roamed the barren wasteland on the other side of the mountains.
- Soldato Family - led by a man named Lord Soldato, who has been using Guardians to terrorize the other kingdoms. So far, only one became the party's guardian, much to his dismay. It's believed that he was responsible for creating a chimera in the burial site eastward.
- Chimeras - monsters in which are fused together by two or more organisms, but cannot be separated once they are fused together. In the case of both of the versions of Hetasparkle, though, they can be separated. Though whether Lord Soldato was the one responsible for making one chimera is yet to be revealed in the next version.
Original The original version of HetaSparkle was a generic (somewhat cliched) Fantasy RPG story. The plotline starts off with an earthquake which shakes Denmark, Hungary, Liechtenstein, and Norway--all of which are at Norway's house--and gets transported in a different realm. The party recruits Hong Kong and Canada and go to a castle, where it's under attack by monsters, and later, a chimera. They beat the chimera and Hungary splits it in half revealing Italy and America. Soon after, the party is back at Norway's house and they all come back to the castle they're once in whereas they're thanked by the king and queen for saving them.
They go on the other side of the mountain range where they come across a human being named Kiryll Nightroad, who claims to have lost most of his memories from being experimented on by the Evil King, who resides in an airborne castle. The party recrutis him and takes him back to the castle where he meets up with the king and queen, who are overjoyed to see Kiryll alive and well.
The next couple of days had the party finding chimeras and separating them, which, unsurprisingly, consisted of their friends--including Russia and Japan--that have been abducted by the Evil King.
In the post-credits scene, Prussia talks to Germany about a dream he's had, and was named Kiryll, and asks him what it all means, though Germany hesitated to give an answer.
Warning: the following subsection contains spoilers. Please highlight the white box below to read.
- Belarus splitting the golem chimera in half references Hungary splitting chimeras in half to release her friends in the original version.
- It should be noted, according to Norway in the original version, that out of the rest of the party members, Hungary was the only one willing to split their friends from their chimera forms, though the others would be able to do it at the game's ending.
- Liechtenstein's and Norway's move, Bubble Beam, is a humorous reference to Pokemon. Bubble Beam is a fairly common move among Water-types.
- In the original version HetaSparkle, the first three chimeras have their own names in different languages. In that case, since the countries were fused as chimeras, their country names were in three languages; Americano is Italian for America (fusion of Italy and America), Chine is French for China (fusion of France and China) and Yaponiya (Япония) is Russian for Japan (fusion of Russia and Japan (because in the Russian language, the letter "J" isn't pronounced nor said)).
- Deustchland, though, is German for Germany, even though Germany himself is supposedly fused with England midway through the original.
- Mitsuki chose Norway, Hungary, and Liechtenstein as the traditonal Fantasy RPG Job Classes of Magician, Warrior and Archer because England, America, or else Canada or italy as those said Job Classes would be too generic even for players.
- In the reboot of HetaSparkle, Finland's faceset consisted of him having gray hair and green eyes, as opposed to his original design by Himaruya having platinum blond hair and purple eyes. When asked about this, Mitsuki replied that the hair and eye colors looked unnerving for her.
- The Evil King in the original version makes an appearance in Persona Powers Hetalia , another fan game made by Mitsuki, in which Jackson puts on his mask, unleashing his true form before fighting the Persona team.
- Kiryll is also mentioned in Persona Powers Hetalia, though it was a different man.
http://hotarumitsuki101.deviantart.com/ <----Mitsuki's DeviantART page